Train Restorative Martial Arts
Bagua Internal Arts seeks to share the internal martial arts with those sincerely seeking authentic training. Whether you are interested in building robust health, genuine martial skills, or in developing the more spiritual aspects of the internal arts, this curriculum will take you all the way from beginner to the realm of genuine internal martial skill and on your way to discovering the greater mysteries of nature.
Online Video Courses – For both the beginner and advanced practitioner.
Health first training philosophy for developing your internal skills for life.
Clear path of progression with detailed video tutorials.
Bagua, or the 8 trigram map, is deeply rooted in traditional Chinese culture and Daoist cosmology. It represents the fundamental principles for understanding the changing patterns of reality. This map has been used for centuries to understand and organize complex information.
Internal arts focus on the use of the mind and intention to maximize training. It is a broad term meaning traditional Chinese arts that cultivate one’s health and martial skill. These include Dao Yin (opening the body), Qi Gong (working with the energetic body), and Nei Jia Quan (3 internal martial arts Tai Ji Quan, Xin Yi Liu He Quan, and Ba Gua Zhang.)
Experience the benefits of internal arts
Clear and concise progression with detailed video instruction
- Are you curious about the famed benefits of internal arts, such as longevity, martial skill, and enlightenment?
- Are you passionate about progressing in your art?
- Do you want to dramatically increase progress in your art?
- Are you a sincere student but have not yet found accessible training?
- Do you want to move well and be free of pain?
- Do you want to practice martial arts for the rest of your life?
- Curiosity, sincerity, and dedication required!
- Appropriate for those looking to improve health and movement as well as serious martial artists.
- If you want glowing health, more energy, and real skill, then allow us to help you take the next step to become a healthier and happier you.
- Follow a clear path of progress with video modules
- Health first training that will supercharge progress in internal arts
- Longevity minded training so you can learn an art that lasts a lifetime
- Incorporates traditional wisdom lessons
- Live a mindful lifestyle
- Lessons gleaned from training extend to whole life
- Train in time tested traditions
- Explore without reinventing the wheel
- Know the what and why of training along the Way
- Concepts grounded in reality and experience
- Training appropriate to your individual circumstances
- Long-term sustainable training methodology
- Increase resilience to illness, injury, and stress
- Cultivate mind, body, breath
- Learn vocabulary and mindset to explore other arts
- Experience restorative martial arts!
“I appreciate Garth’s teaching, he is very thorough in his approach to the material he presents. He structures his classes for both beginning students just wanting to learn a martial art through advanced martial artists wanting to improve their skills. Beginning students come away with a basic knowledge of movements for improving health and increasing their internal strength, while advanced practitioners can learn new concepts and improve their skills. I highly recommend attending Garth’s class” – Mark R.
Ba Gua Internal Arts has a clear path of practice and theory to reliably develop skill in the internal arts
“…I was in my late 60’s when I began practicing with Garth and Suzan. Having not exercised most of my adult life, the sporadic exercise workouts that I did get, in the form of shoveling snow, raking leaves, hiking, and other fairly strenuous work, always resulted in sore muscles for a few days following the exercise. However, in the spring of last year, we had a big snowfall that required shoveling heavy snow for well over an hour. To my surprise and delight, I suffered no sore muscles at all. This has been the case since then.” – Bill L.
Build robust health, release the body and nervous system from unnecessary stress, gain insights into training and life
What You Get
- BGIA member site provides instant access to high-quality training by founder, Garth Reynolds
- We have a roadmap to success with the 4 phases of training to provide clear steps along the path
- The site is clearly laid out with detailed instruction in the many aspects of training
- The exercises are laid out in a simple, step by step progression, building on each element before integrating the various qualities together
- If you want to experience detailed instruction to develop authentic skills, then this membership site is for you
“…When I first started class I had a great deal of shoulder discomfort, mostly from my lifestyle and other arts I was doing. I can now say that not only is my shoulders 100% better but they have new abilities that I never knew was there! When I was a child I was diagnosed with PTSD and have always been kind of a nervous fellow. After my Xin Yi Liu He Quan practices, I can say I’ve made leaps and bounds with improvements to my PTSD. After these classes, I truly feel I have more control over not just my nervous system but of me as a whole. That is a really great feeling that is irreplaceable and priceless.” – Dusty G.
Overcome common challenges and roadblocks
- Internal arts are in decline broadly, but there is a small passionate community developing authentic skills
- BGIA seeks to overcome the difficulty students have with finding authentic, clear teaching
- Often difficult for someone new to the arts to differentiate authentic teaching from fluff
- Traditional training is commonly ritualized without diving deep into the why and how
- Learning long forms without understanding the how’s and why’s of the art leads to learning lots of movement without deeply embodying the principles behind the movement
- Common to learn martial movements without learning the skills required to use it in a ‘live’ situation
- It is a popularized notion that internal arts take decades to learn until you one day “get it”, which is incorrect
- Ritualized training with little explanation that can waste years without progressing
- A challenge to overcome the tradition of secrecy and withholding vital elements of training
- Rare to find teachers who exhibit high-level skill in both practicing and teaching the art
- It is a challenge to spend significant time training with high-level teachers
- Challenge with authentic teachers who may provide certain teachings only to a select few
- Often practitioners may have profound skills but may not be willing or able to teach it effectively
- Arts are often understood the way a teacher trains currently rather than how they gained their skill
- Common for sincere students to get shut down by teachers who don’t want or are unable to answer questions
“…I incorporate these skills throughout the week and utilize these methods when encountering stress and recognizing stress triggers. Achieving long term health takes time, effort, and expense. Garth’s internal art classes are the best health benefit I have found yet.” – Theresa H.
If you want to experience detailed instruction to develop authentic skills, then this membership site is for you.
Convenient, Flexible, Affordable
Available on mobile and web
Train according to your schedule
Now is the time to make these arts and part of you. Come train with us!
Pricing $50 a month, $10 – 7 day trial
Garth will take you through the form and function of traditional internal arts with clarity and precision, so you may grasp even the seemingly abstract qualities on a practical level, reinforced by your own, tangible experience.
This is what you will be learning
Qi Gong and Health Building Exercise
Yang Style Tai Ji Quan
Lu Style Xin Yi Liu He Quan
Yin Style Ba Gua Zhang
Progressive skill development
Conditioning for martial arts
Set the stage for meditation and deeper work