Are you Missing this Critical, Authentic Quality & Experience in your Internal Arts Training?
Train Restorative Martial Arts
- Learn to develop the internal alignment that is at the foundation of the Chinese internal arts
- Train in the Chinese arts of Baguazhang, Xinyi Liuhe Quan, Taijiquan, Qigong, and Daoyin
- Experience detailed instruction to develop authentic martial art skills
- Train simple, step by step progressions, building on each element before integrating the various qualities together
- Follow our roadmap to success, with the 4 phases of training, providing clear steps along the Path
“I appreciate Garth’s teaching, he is very thorough in his approach to the material he presents. He structures his classes for both beginning students just wanting to learn a martial art through advanced martial artists wanting to improve their skills. Beginning students come away with a basic knowledge of movements for improving health and increasing their internal strength, while advanced practitioners can learn new concepts and improve their skills. I highly recommend attending Garth’s class” – Mark R.
For sincere students of the Chinese internal arts who have yet to find accessible training
With over 20 years of experience studying, training, and teaching Chinese internal martial arts
Health first training philosophy for developing your internal skills for life.
- Are you curious about the famed benefits of internal arts, such as longevity, martial skill, and enlightenment?
- Are you passionate about progressing in your art?
- Do you want to dramatically increase progress in your art?
- Are you a sincere student but have not yet found accessible training?
- Do you want to move well and be free of pain?
- Do you want to practice martial arts for the rest of your life?
- Curiosity, sincerity, and dedication required!
- Appropriate for those looking to improve health and movement as well as serious martial artists.
- If you want glowing health, more energy, and real skill, then allow us to help you take the next step to become a healthier and happier you.
“…When I first started class I had a great deal of shoulder discomfort, mostly from my lifestyle and other arts I was doing. I can now say that not only is my shoulders 100% better but they have new abilities that I never knew were there! When I was a child I was diagnosed with PTSD and have always been kind of a nervous fellow. After my Xinyi Liuhe Quan practices, I can say I’ve made leaps and bounds with improvements to my PTSD. After these classes, I truly feel I have more control over not just my nervous system but of me as a whole. That is a really great feeling that is irreplaceable and priceless.” – Dusty G.
Garth will take you through the form and function of traditional internal arts with clarity and precision, so you may grasp even the seemingly abstract qualities on a practical level, reinforced by your own, tangible experience.
- Know the what and why of training along the Way
- Follow a clear path of progress with video modules
- Health first training that will supercharge progress in internal arts
- Incorporates traditional wisdom lessons
- Live a mindful lifestyle
- Lessons gleaned from training extend to whole life
- Train in time tested traditions
- Explore without reinventing the wheel
- Concepts grounded in reality and experience
- Training appropriate to your individual circumstances
- Long-term sustainable training methodology
- Longevity minded training so you can learn an art that lasts a lifetime
- Increase resilience to illness, injury, and stress
- Cultivate mind, body, breath
- Learn vocabulary and mindset to explore other arts
- Experience restorative martial arts!
“…I incorporate these skills throughout the week and utilize these methods when encountering stress and recognizing stress triggers. Achieving long term health takes time, effort, and expense. Garth’s internal art classes are the best health benefit I have found yet.” – Theresa H.
Build robust health, release the body and nervous system from unnecessary stress, gain insights into training and life
- Internal arts are in decline broadly, but there is a small passionate community developing authentic skills
- BGIA seeks to overcome the difficulty students have with finding authentic, clear teaching
- Often difficult for someone new to the arts to differentiate authentic teaching from fluff
- Traditional training is commonly ritualized without diving deep into the why and how
- Learning long forms without understanding the how’s and why’s of the art leads to learning lots of movement without deeply embodying the principles behind the movement
- Common to learn martial movements without learning the skills required to use it in a ‘live’ situation
- It is a popularized notion that internal arts take decades to learn until you one day “get it”, which is incorrect
- Ritualized training with little explanation that can waste years without progressing
- A challenge to overcome the tradition of secrecy and withholding vital elements of training
- Rare to find teachers who exhibit high-level skill in both practicing and teaching the art
- It is a challenge to spend significant time training with high-level teachers
- Challenge with authentic teachers who may provide certain teachings only to a select few
- Often practitioners may have profound skills but may not be willing or able to teach it effectively
- Arts are often understood the way a teacher trains currently rather than how they gained their skill
- Common for sincere students to get shut down by teachers who don’t want or are unable to answer questions